Thread: A Loose Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #24
Heeere's Jonesy!
New Member!

Oooooh, you individuals are deliciously entertaining! I rather enjoyed all the banter about sexual asphyxiation (excellent idea)!

I believe I was a little carried away in addressing my darling's physical appearance in this matter. I must confess his looks began as his main attractive quality but I've come to realize he is also very sweet, insightful, and quite the character! The religious differences are just a slight bump in the road. I was wondering how you all would suggest I confront them. Perhaps I'm naive but I actually have faith I will be able to get him to see in a more atheistic light. Less 'god-ing' and more prodding I say!

Anyway, allow me to pose another question: have any of you ever successfully managed to get a rather religious individual to see in a more godless light? An old English teacher of mine once said that "The point of arguing is not to change an opponent's mind but rather to have the opposing party admit that you have a good idea."

Of course, a supposed mind change is a welcome bonus along the way. It just means that one was never really sure of his or her ideas in the first place.
Heeere's Jonesy! is offline   Reply With Quote