View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 10:59 AM   #15
Choobus
I Live Here

Quote:
Philboid Studge wrote View Post
The shred of relevance -- or at least the reason we should make a distinction -- is to point out that people really do believe in Superjew inter alia, whereas flying spaghetti and orbiting teapots are admitted spoofs.
True enough, but there seems to be a continuum between firmly held belief systems (Christology, Jizzlam etc) to obvious spaghetti-like spoofs via mormonism and scientology and such, which seem to have a significant overlap on both sides. Is a jewish zombie less absurd than magic underwear and thetans? I can't really tell the difference. And I expect that those who believe in shapeshifting lizards from mars who live in the center of the earth (and are planning on taking over the world) are just as sincere as their christ-punching neighbours or beard wearing, 5 times a day praying jizzlamicists. It seems to me that the only real difference between a spoof and a religion is the intellectual honesty of its adherents.

You can always turn tricks for a few extra bucks. If looks are an issue, there's the glory hole option, but don't expect more than ... tips.
~ Philiboid Studge
Choobus is offline   Reply With Quote