View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 10:19 AM   #127
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
But I can show you strong scientific evidence (experiments you could do yourself actually, if you were so inclined) that animals can have consciousness without any neurology whatsoever.
Egor I'm going to level with you.
I am a man of science and a medical doctor with a background in psychology and interest in consciousness research. This statement of yours above intrigues me. Please give me more details because on the surface it makes little sense. I'm genuinely interested in your responses.

I think it is pretty evident from reading back through your previous posts that you are as staunch a religionist as I am an atheist and so rather than focussing on the nuts and bolts of what is clearly a cast iron and very personal paradigm, I'd like to hear more about the more peripheral stuff so that we can discuss / debate that first.

I'd happily try my hand at debating you as that is what you desire but there appears to be a lot of esoteric stuff bolstering your very personal religion and so I feel we might stave off hitting a brick wall if we try and come to tackle the "big stuff" in time. I wonder if we might cut our teeth so to speak on the smaller stuff such as these studies into animal consciousness you mention for example because what you then infer from this has potentially profound and far-reaching consequences for other areas we may cover.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
That said, these experiments do not prove the existence of God...
It is encouraging that you draw a line here.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
An incorporeal consciousness is not proof of God. There is no proof of God, there is only evidence and probability, even in the astral realm of the universe, God is no more present than here. In fact, the notion of God is less pursued there than it is here. It is actually less important. So, my assumption is that if there is a higher level of existence beyond the astral existence, God would even be less relevant. Ultimately, I suppose, if one were to dissolve into or fold back into Substance itself, there would be no God, because Substance, logically can't have a god.
This is sounding quite esoteric now. I know you expound a little on some of the attributes of what you call "Substance but can you attempt a fuller definition for us, please? I appreciate this may be difficult.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
This is why atheists can't defeat me. I know what God is. I know what the monistic Substance is. Or at least I know the idea of it and some of the implications of it. And what I know is that when your consciousness gets fine tuned enough to perceive it, you realize that God exists and does not exist at the same time. To us, God exists, but God is all there is, thus God can't have a God, thus God does not exist. I am perfectly fine with that paradox. I fully understand it.
I admit I'm struggling to see how you resolve the paradox you describe here. Perhaps things might be clearer once I understand a bit more about what you mean by "Substance" though...?

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
So, what about Jesus? Yes! Absolutely! But Jesus and the Trinity are about this world. What Jesus means, and what the Holy Spirit means in the astral realm is different. It's not the "earth" project there anymore. It is the Kingdom of heaven and hell, and maybe some space that is neither. But of that place, it is really not written about much in the Gospels. We get an idea of it through parables, but in the Kingdom of Heaven comes after Christianity is completed.
You state that as a self-styled "Veridican" the gospels are prime and all else biblical is ancillary. It seems quite a leap, therefore, to have come up with the notion of "astral planes" based your reading of it.

Thank you though for your detailed description of "hell." I must say that you're the first kind of christian I've come across who wouldn't mind going there when you die. Most intriguing.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
...Perhaps someone will say it's because I'm really being ruled by Satan, but that's not it.
How are you so sure? Indeed how would it be possible to know this at all?

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote