View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 02:03 PM   #26
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
Disappointed as you brand yourself as an intellectual. You are actually fairly weak minded and your post shows this.
Surprised that you thought I branded myself as an intellectual; I just claim that I know more about religions than you do (even the one you believe in).

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
One does not need to "hope all God's exist" - where did you pull that idea from?
Fine, I'll explain (kinda disappointed you can't keep up but here goes)
In a nutshell you state that hope in "god" is a bare minimum to be considered for salvation.
Leaving aside the complete lack of biblical quotation or scholarly teaching to back this up, the next logical question is, "ok, but hope in which god?...Is it hope in your god?...Hope in the god of those people in that country over there?...Hope in the many gods of other religions?"

I suspect perhaps your limp interpretation of my logical response to your little soliloquy on "hope being enough" was that you were blinded by your own faith and therefore unable to contempate the faith of any other human being who might say have been brought up in Aztec culture believing in Quezolcoatl.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
And there is nothing "illogical" about Pascal's wager.
There is when you ask the above question and take it to a logical conclusion; something you have evidently failed to do.

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote