View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #495
stuff

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Putting up a fight implies that you actually brought a fight. So far, all I've seen from you are someone else's lame arguments.

When I say "Jesus didn't exist", I refer to the divine Jesus, not some random dude named Jesus, who may have walked around and annoyed people 2000 years ago.

The reason I can say that God (meaning your God, Yahweh) doesn't exist is because he is logically inconsistent (you know, the whole tri-omni attributes, which are mutually exclusive).
The reason I can be sure there was no divine Jesus is the utter lack of evidence for him, outside of a book with some highly biased authors, and the fact that everything about him was plagiarized from other god myths that preceded him (son of god, virgin birth, miracles, bla, bla, bla).

Sure, although I'm not sure what you think they might find now that they haven't dug up in 2000 years.
I would consider it a good start to find something, anything, contemporary about Jesus. A mention in the Roman records of a cult leader that was nailed to a cross, Jesus' grocery list, a letter to Santa from kid Jesus, anything.
Of course, from that to showing me that he was divine and performed miracles, I can't imagine any evidence that would be strong enough to convince me.
What would you propose as reasonable?

Note: You do realize the information in the link you provided has been beat to death here many times over? Why don't you do a search and read up, before we rehash all of it.
I am not letting you off that easy. You are caught red handed with an obvious flaw in your logic. I will throw the word "Mythical" if it makes you happy

Ok, you just stated that it is impossible to prove a negative. Then you said you are 100% sure that Mythical or Divine Jesus is a myth. Another way of stating that is you are 100% sure that the Mythical or Divine Jesus did NOT exist. How is that not faulty logic

Also you say that Tacticus, and Pliny the Younger are discounted because of the corrupt Roman Empire and its edict to convert all Romans to Christians (at least thats what I found when I searched your forums concerning the issue). Yet you ignore that when Jesus was alive he lived under persecution and there was even an edict to destroy all Bibles. So what’s the logic in saying that Roman Emperor who loved Christians was corrupt but the ones who tried to kill them weren’t.
If you believe in conspiracies by governments so easily than I present this empire’s conspiracy; the lie of evolution. Hey if the Romans did it what is so different about us?