View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 09:25 AM   #9
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Quote:
Swk6 wrote
That reminds me. I was at a bar on "Good Friday" with a buddy. There was an older couple eating at the bar and I was standing there drinking. The bartender said something about having a happy good friday to the old couple. I made a comment saying, "Yeah, it's great to be out celebrating the nailing and torture and beating of our lord jesus christ!" Needless to say, I got some pretty dirty looks. I smiled inside though.
I was depositing my paycheck on Good Friday (no bloody auto-deposit for me, argh), and the teller asked me what my plans were for Easter. I told her I don't celebrate Easter. She looked shocked, and asked why not. I told her I wasn't Christian, so the holiday didn't mean anything to me. She became visibly upset, and tersely finished my transaction. As I was walking off, I wished her a good weekend, and she replied, a bit loudly, "Have a good EASTER". All I could do was laugh. This is such a white-bread Lutheran community that people are just dumbfounded when they find out someone is not a Christian.

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote