Thread: Lonley Atheist
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #16
sehru89
New Member!

West491, i dont mind the questions. Thats why we're all atheist right? cuz we asked too many questions.
Before i get into it, how do u quote things i post. i cant figure it out?
Anyway, no i didnt turn into an atheist b/c my dad died. Thats so cliche, "oh someone i love died, how could god do this? WHY!?". I never got that. its selfish. i guess my upbringing had something to do with it, my mom never took me to church, she wasnt into organized religion when i was younger. She is now. But i was never indoctrinated, ive never been baptized. i did go to church with my aunt, i hated it. it was so boring and always smelt like spearment gum. So its just never been that important to me.
Then i grew up and i was able to look into it myself and i realized how intolerant it was, i hated how it was being forced on me(idk were you're from, but here, there is really no seperation what-so-ever of church and state). it was annoying that every question i asked led to more questions. it didnt make sense. i guess ive alway been atheist, its just i said i was agnostic b/c its more accepted.
As far as children. he doesnt go to church now, and ive already had the talk about indoctrinating a.k.a brainwashing. i will let her get baptised since its important to him, i will teach him/her myself about other religions, im gonna be open with him/her about me being an atheist. he/she can choose what they want to believe. And its pretty easy living with him, he believes in Jesus, but he thinks as long as you're a good person youll go to heaven. Hes not super religious.
sehru89 is offline   Reply With Quote