Thread: Abortion
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 07:03 PM   #11
jimmyjet

this is not a believer/non-believer issue, although many people try to make it out to be one.

biology 101 - each of our lives starts with the joining of a sperm and an egg.

people make the ridiculous mistake of thinking that it is not a human being because it has not formed a head, a foot, etc.

that is so not the point. this is how each and every one of our lives start. we dont look the same as an 18-year-old adult. but just go to some hospice for a day, and take a look at a shriveled up 50 pound person waiting to die, and they dont look very much like an 18-year-old adult either.

it is even more ridiculous to think that one can pinpoint an exact microsecond when the non-human-being becomes a human being.

the only exact point is at conception.

i have a highly atheistic friend who gets very irate when he hears that only theists are pro-life. he remarks very sarcastically "do they think that they are the only ones who know what is fair ?"

many people do think that atheists are all pro-choice, and theists tend to be all pro-life. that just aint true, by a long shot.

in polls taken, christians dont have much greater a percentage of being pro-life than non-christians or non-believers.

i did not listen to the bindi url, cuz i got the drift of what was said from saturday's post.

what ridiculous logic !! the ends do not justify the means. by using that exact same logic, i could say lets just go kill 75% of the population. that too, would solve the population problem.

just cuz we can solve a problem by a particular means, does not justify the means being used.

the unborn child has done nothing wrong. it is their parents who are 100% responsible for their actions.

why not just cut off the guy's penis, and sew up the vagina for people who can not be responsible for their sexual actions ?

this society is so dysfunctional. and we have almost totally forgotten about taking responsibility for our actions. it is not the other guy's fault. we need only look in the mirror.
jimmyjet is offline   Reply With Quote