View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 01:23 PM   #142
Professor Chaos
General of the Attacking Army

Quote:
SteveG wrote
Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
That, in fact, is almost always the way it goes down. With one caveat. She's usually far, far worse. That isn't the best example. Just the most recent.
There is plenty of blame to go around, and I'd bet money that Lily would admit that, but I will simply have to disagree with the preponderance of cases. I see the first really low blow (I am not talking about terse or even curt language) come from someone other than Lily.
I couldn't disagree more.

Quote:
SteveG wrote
Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
Do you realize that when your (figurative your) common speech/writing comes to the point where infidel, heretic, sinner, heathen, un-American and the rest becomes the norm when referring to the non-believers, the negativity has already begun before any of us make a single post?
When have Lily or I ever used such language? and if we haven't (as your figurative implies), why do we get to be your punching bags to whip and beat to take out your frustrations? Thanks, but no thanks.
You're not, except in your own mind. My "figurative" is just what you think it is. We (most of us, anyways) do no such thing to either of you.

Quote:
SteveG wrote
Quote:
Professor Chaos wrote
Do you realize that for most of us, this is our only refuge from a world where we are the most hated people? Do you realize we have built this community as a sanctuary where we can release some steam?
So...because you are often unfairly labeled as hateful, your answer is to build a place where you can dole out hate?
What an over-the-top, hyperbolic, ridiculously false statement. We "dole out hate," huh? You're full of straw-men today. Do we "dole out hate" on Falwell? Chuck Norris? Fred Phelps? Of course.

Quote:
SteveG wrote
Have at it then. I'll bow out and won't interfere with your sanctuary.
You have the free will to do so. ;)

I will grieve. Grief is not a theistic concept. ~ Sternwallow
Professor Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote