View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #130
Stargazer
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Irreligious wrote View Post
With all due respect, they don't ever use straightforward tactics. A straightforward tactic would be for them to acknowledge right off the bat that they are promoting faith in claims that they don't know to be true, but they, none the less, believe with every fiber of their being will be revealed someday.
Acknowledged. I was just leaving the door slightly ajar in case one ever did.

Quote:
Irr wrote View Post
If they truly valued honesty, as it pertains to promoting their religions, they would say, in clear language, what they believe a god is.
Which you have asked for numerous times.

Quote:
Irr wrote View Post
In all the time that I've been posting here, I can recall only one theist poster acknowledge that he was worshipping an ostensible person, a man, an invisible and magical man with unlimited powers of manipulation who created human beings in his physical image and who, as a result, favors humans over all other living beings in existence.

I don't recall the name of this particular theist poster, as his tenure here was very short-lived, but he is the only one I can recall who was willing to be open about what he worshipped. Of course, he would indulge no further questions about the attributes of the invisible, magical man he worshipped, such as whether or not he possessed a penis and testicles or if he was decidedly Caucasian in appearance even though, being invisible, this magical man cannot be seen by the human eye.
Well, good for him/her. At least a partial description.

Quote:
Irr wrote View Post
Otherwise, the vast majority of theists who post here don't really want us to question their beliefs. They're here to scold and to preach.
You're right. But I still have hope that we'll see something more concrete one of these days.

I thought you said you didn't care what any of us thought? So, you do care? I do wish you would make up your mind already. - NKB
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote