View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 06:52 PM   #34
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

I agree alot with what Crazy Crackpipe Davin is saying, but he makes as usual a few subtle mistakes.

He assumes there is "always" at least one fallacy with any theistic style argument, that is unfair - he should be open minded to "new" arguments that have not been vetted.

The arguments I've put forth for example are not typical "theistic" arguments, and the positions I take are much more tempered in their asserted conclusions.

I believe, and I think most Theists actually would agree, that there is no compelling "reason" to believe the God of Bible or Quaran actually exists. It is a strictly a matter of faith.

But what can be argued, and what I've shown is

1) There are compelling reasons to suspect that a Higher Power may exist. (I'm not saying "God" of Bible or Quaran, just a Higher Power that may have God like qualities).

2) God of the Bible and Quaran does most certainly exist, at least as emanations from the human mind.

3) The Resurrection narrative of Christ is historically, evidenced based.

Crackhead Davin tries to assert fallacies on these arguments, which he has and will continue to fail. There are no fallacies, because I don't reach for an impossible argument which asserts an omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent creator for certain exists, nor that such creator is necessarily Jesus of Allah.

Don't get me wrong, I may have faith that Jesus is God - but I understand the limitation of argumentation.
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote