View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 11:36 AM   #5
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Videotaping is a good idea Ten, but when I ran outside again with a camera they were gone. This could be from the police forcing them to leave (a nearby "arts lounge" often calls the police when the demonstrators stray in front of their building), or the fact that with wind chill it's about 15 below (40 below outside of town). I just think using children as emotive tools for your protest disgusting (I saw one sign reading "would you have aborted me?"). I often see kids attending the local religious protests (and there are many, many things they protest up here), but always with their parents. The problem is, this appears to have been a school sponsored field trip, so the school would have required permission from the parents for their children to go, so the parents are already aware and in approval of the protest. I really need to move someplace where the prevalent mentality isn't stuck in the 19th century (or at least someplace warmer :P).

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote