View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 03:50 PM   #137
psychodiva
I Live Here

If you are calling me an apologist you can go fuck yourself sweetie.

If you want a real to and fro about whether religion is a mental illness- I refer you to each and every link I posted in responses on this forum over the past few years. I would also urge you to do your research and be ready with facts and figures that prove your assertion that 'religion is a mental illness'.

As I said before- just because it looks like mental illness to someone does not mean it is mental illness. Now- some of those using the religion for their own ends may in fact be mentally ill- this does not make religion itself a mental illness. Some of those attracted to religion may be mentally ill- this does not make religion itself a mental illness. Some of those who do extremely bad things in the name of religion may indeed be mentally ill- this does not make religion itself a mental illness. Some who are religious may develop mental illness as a result of the religion - this does not make religion itself a mental illness - do you see where I am going with this or should I go on?

Human beings as a whole do not like to admit that bad people just do bad things because they are bad people. I believe and am pretty certain that religion is a root of evil and is a very very bad thing and is utilised as an excuse for bad behaviour by bad people - that does not mean it is a mental illness.

“'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." Fry
psychodiva is offline   Reply With Quote