View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 05:02 PM   #53
The Judge
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Judge, you over-estimate your atheist parishioners. For YOU it may be about science. You're like the old-school atheist. For everyone else, especially in this forum, you get raw under-educated emotions. Nothing more. They don't give a shit about science; they can't understand it anyway. They FOLLOW.
Maybe they're just tired of the same old arguments. Admittedly much has changed here since the early days but I'm enjoying being back.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
If Christopher Hitchens tells them to (or told them), or Richard Dawkins tells them to strap on dynamite and detonate in the middle of a nativity scene at the local VFW--they're going to do it!
Of course, this is bullshit. For one Hitch would never have said such an absurd thing. He'd have lost a lot of credibility if he had.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
And your old-school, philosopher-atheist shit is over for them. It didn't work; it didn't persuade, not ultimately anyway,
Whether it did or didn't the growth of unaffiliated / non-spiritual / atheists / "Nones" has grown certainly in the UK and in the US in recent years. Did this play a part? Possibly but there are arguably many other factors at play to effect such a shift in tides.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
...and once communism failed, the big bang got usurped by the the theists,
Bit of a non-sequiter here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
...and evolution never proved how a cell formed,
It never tried to.

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
...the new atheism is just about the desire to be rude, anti-social, and act intellectually superior to superstitious Catholic mountain villagers in Brazil.
This is so specific I'm really not sure where it's come from

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Besides, all this anti-Christian shtick totally fell apart when we saw what Islam was all about with ISIS. Now, everyone wants a Christian with a gun for a neighbor--internationally speaking.
LOL this is not the case, although I know you wish it were as it would give you a big sense of much needed validation I'm sure.

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote