View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 06:15 PM   #15
thomastwo
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
By what authority do you suggest that "How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones against the rock." is not part of God's imperishable word, completely applicable to persons today as it was back then?
Well, it is part of the Bible, and it can be interpreted, understood and applied today using the same ways as it was in the past.

Quote:
How are you wise enough to substitute Babylon, a whole civilization, for the object of that evil bargain: blessing for bashing?
I guess anybody wise enough to read and understand the context can come to that conclusion. Perhaps it would be better to ask yourself what conclusions people have actually come to in the Church and in Judaism, rather than generating faux outrage at how it ought to be understood in your opinion?

Quote:
How do you dare to cancel all of the OT laws from the eternal God, including the Ten Commandments?
I think Sopater may have over spoken. The OT laws are not all cancelled. They are all superceded. The authority comes from the Bible itself and the way it has been understood by the Church since it's earliest times.

Quote:
In what possible context is it not evil to approvingly advocate "dashes your little ones against the rock"? How is that not worse than a sterile abortion?
I'm sure many oppressed peoples over the ages would identify with the feeling of wanting to harm those who oppressed them. Psalms is a book of prayer that covers a range of human responses and emotions. It's not always pretty, but then life is not always pretty. Any spiritual scheme needs to speak to these things to be of value.

Quote:
Couldn't you use a few gallons of humility before bringing your twisted interpretation of an already twisted document to us or anyone not in your personal twisted circle.
ditto
thomastwo is offline   Reply With Quote