View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
Gnosital
still unsmited

"The assumption that there is a biological cause, rooted in the brain and stripped of environmental influence...."

Who says anything like that??? Not even general psych texts for community college students promote such an ignorant opinion.

Also, what mental disorder ISN'T "rooted in the brain"??

I don't argue that the term is less than helpful, and there are already clear neurobiological distinctions between psychosis with positive versus negative symptoms. In behavioral neuroscience the suspicion that schizophrenic psychosis may in fact be a common term for a variety of disorders has been around for many years.

I think this is a case of a guy trying to make news out some something that's not so new.

PLUS! (I just re-read the first line you quoted from this assclown!!!) A hundred years ago they used to lock psychotics up in asylums or spin them or shock them or do frontal leukotomies on them or just let them rot. Now they get to take a pill and most manage to continue having a life. The meds do have some nasty side effects, but I'd say it's a damn site better than lifelong incarceration in a madhouse. "A century of research has been utterly unhelpful" my ass.

This David Kingdom guy is a dumbass.
Gnosital is offline   Reply With Quote