Thread: Merkins 2012
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #880
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

Gotta love Victus, how he will contradict himself withing the space of a few inches. He claims there is nothing wrong with schools that decide to stop teaching science, because there will be other schools, elsewhere, that will teach science, if you can afford to go there. He than claims he doesn't believe education isn't a privilege of the rich. So if you're lucky enough to be born into a rich family, congratulations! You get to learn biology! If you're unlucky and constitute one of the millions born in a poorer, rural area, where there will be more likely to be church run (or at least highly influenced by church teachings) schools, you get to learn intelligent design. But maybe if you're lucky and mom and pop both take on a third job at $3/hr (but hey, at least they're employed! Hooray for the end of wage laws!) you might get to go to the school down the street run by Burger King, where you can learn just enough math to run a register! But don't think about driving to that job by the quickest route, those roads are owned by McDonalds. You have to drive an extra 45 miles on the BK roads (which of course, will be toll roads, but I'm sure you'll get a discount being a BK employee).

And I never called you a nazi or Hitler. I called you a fascist, and a feudalist, but you don't seem to mind that second one. Fascism didn't start, or end, with Nazi Germany, but who cares! Things like historical accuracy won't be important in our bright corporatist future! It's like when Wal-Mart freed the slaves and defeated Target in the civil war, the future is ours for the taking (terms and conditions apply, monthly fees may vary).

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote