View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 11:33 PM   #36
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

You are now leaning on bullshit to the power of two.

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
And now you're into bulshit to the power of three.

The farther away you get from evidence, the more bullshit you create. Right now, the foundation, ground floor and second floor of your argument is non-existent. Don't build more floors on nothing and expect to be taken seriously..
I agree, religious folks take typically 3 orders of unsubstantiated faith to get to their belief system. First belief God exists, then God revieled himself, and third a selection must occur as to which revelations are valid. If you read my posts from the beginiing I concede the irrationality of religion from a rationale standpoint.

But if one is going to HOPE in God nonetheless, the trinity or tiple jump of faith (or bullshit to the power of three as you call it) is all humans have to HOPE for if there is any claimed chance for an afterlife - thats why I think people (and so many, billions) take the position.

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
Why these religions in particular? There are religions that are both older and lasted longer and there are religions that are newer and growing faster..

As I said, impact factor based essentially on numbers of followers acrued. A fourth leap of faith, that the optimal religion would have such impact in its teachings such as to captivate and convince large numbers of people.

Quote:
Davin wrote View Post
In the end, you can't rule out that there might be a god that will punish you for hoping and/or believing in a god or gods that made some people write a bunch of bullshit as a test to ensure that no gullible people make it to the afterlife..

True! If that is correct than you are on the correct path!! Do you HOPE it to be true?
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote