View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #41
Davin
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
I agree, religious folks take typically 3 orders of unsubstantiated faith to get to their belief system. First belief God exists, then God revieled himself, and third a selection must occur as to which revelations are valid. If you read my posts from the beginiing I concede the irrationality of religion from a rationale standpoint.

But if one is going to HOPE in God nonetheless, the trinity or tiple jump of faith (or bullshit to the power of three as you call it) is all humans have to HOPE for if there is any claimed chance for an afterlife - thats why I think people (and so many, billions) take the position.
Doesn't matter, it's bullshit. Bullshit it worthless.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote
As I said, impact factor based essentially on numbers of followers acrued. A fourth leap of faith, that the optimal religion would have such impact in its teachings such as to captivate and convince large numbers of people.
Argument ad populum. You're not going to win over anyone here by using fallacies, and it just makes you look crazy to use fallacies, knowing that they're fallacies and still act like your statements are useful.

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote
True! If that is correct than you are on the correct path!! Do you HOPE it to be true?
I don't hope for anything.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote