View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #20
GeneralHeresy

Quote:
Smellyoldgit wrote View Post
Some of us actually enjoy letting our receding hair down and having a good honest cuss once in a while rather than offer token respect to the nauseating god-whallopers. Still, let’s see how many regulars enjoy his ‘wall of text’ style of writing – I don’t think I’ll be rushing back there.
I never said there was anything wrong with a good cuss...actually I supported swearing in argument after someone tried to say it was a way in which to show ignorance for the topic at hand...so...thanks for missing that one.

I may be wrong, I guess manners aren't a 'cool' thing for you, but disrespect doesn't seem to get an argument anywhere. Maybe we have different definitions of the same word. I don't mean you can't say what you think or feel, but it doesn't mean shouting out to the world that this person or that person is an idiot without actually discovering anything about anything they may know. But, then again, ignorance may be 'cool' for you too.

I didn't quote it here, but you mentioned something about my imparting wisdom, which is not my point. I'm not so arrogant as to think that I would be imparting wisdom on people, but I do like to talk things out and see different points of view and reason things through. I'm guessing that's not your aim on this forum, and that's fine.

As for my 'wall of text style of writing' I forgot that writing could be done without words and that people have lost the interest to read. Why would you be on a forum if you had to read, right?

Anyway, I appreciate your patience for continually finding something about me to say, and though my goal here isn't to atract many people to what I say, I hope some people to engage in discussion with me about something other than this silliness.
GeneralHeresy is offline   Reply With Quote