View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 09:15 AM   #1
Tenspace
I Live Here

Can you believe these guys still abound?

I've created this thread so everyone can share their stupid doctor/medical/perpetualmotion/chemtrails cure acne post.

It is also for those of us who are unsure of a potenial bogosity and would like to query the populace without fear of insult, ridicule, or unexpected anal.

Here's mine:

http://www.bahlaqeem.com/

Under the topic of "Wonderments" we find this gem: "I notice that when I look at a picture of the skull, it has a lot of little squiggly lines all over it. What are they for?
This is a good question. What you are seeing are joints between numerous bones that make up the skull. This construction allows for protection of the brain as well as its breathing. Yes! The brain breathes. It expands and contracts. So if the cranium (skull) were a solid bone the brain could not do what it does. The important idea here is flexibility. The construction is also so unique that it will not allow anything to enter the brain area through those joints.

I thought the skull's separate plates were necessary for birth but later fused, and are very rigid in adult humans. In fact, last night on one of the shock-and-gore medical shows, this guy with a closed head trauma came in. When the neurosurgeon first cut with his saw, he made the comment that the guy's brain tissue 'squirted out like toothpaste from the pressure" of the massive swelling.

Not something I would think a flexible cranial cavity would allow, eh?

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote