View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 02:39 AM   #256
mondrian

I have been up most of the night and am knackered.

I have come up with a solution to the Excel issue. It ain't pretty but it works. The problem is that I don't know when it occurred or how much damage it has done. Bloody Microsoft.

I've also fixed the errors that resulted in the extracted data being duplicated, omitted and created erroneously. That was my fault 'cos I am a twat. Again, I don't know the extent of the duplications, omissions and erroneous data creation so I don't know how much damage the error has caused.

What I do know is that some horses were selected that shouldn't have been and some that should have been selected that weren't. At this stage, I don't know how many selections were affected.

I now need to re-extract the data and re-analyse.

Given that the extract program is now a lot more complex than it used to be and there's a lot more data that needs to be extracted than last time, it's going to take me all of what's left of this week, all of next week and maybe into the following week to sort this out. That means that I won't be posting my tips until 7 April at the earliest.

See you then.

The middle man of last resort.
mondrian is offline   Reply With Quote