View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 11:44 PM   #20
Michael
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Andrew66 wrote View Post
2) I actually do understand what Atheism is. I understand that some may be considered as strong Agnostics (who believe there is unlikely a God, or have a simple lack of belief in a God do to lack of evidence) and others - as you seem to agree from your other thread more rarely - hold the most positive and extreme belief that there is no God. Was I wrong?
That's better. None of the A/a malarky next time, please. I would also - if I had to find objections - bring up that you appear to be carefully wording to make it appear as though the margin of "agnostic" atheists and "gnostic" atheists are much closer to each other than they are.

Quote:
However I think (with all do respect) that you are over speaking for your compatriots when you state . This is clearly an assumption on your part (how do you know what all Atheists think?? - are you there chief spokesperson) and I don't at the moment at least accept it.
I do not know what all atheists think. I know what the atheists think who have told me what they think, and I know what I as an atheist think.

When someone attempts to represent atheists as thinking something that goes against what I know myself and others think as atheists, then I can object to that.

My usage of colloquial "we", in this case was perhaps not the best choice. If I'm going to have at you for misleading rhetoric, it's only fair I hold myself to the same accord.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote