View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 03:27 AM   #2
Fryan

Here's a solution - hand the country over to the U.N. Of course then Bush and Co. wouldn't be able to make sure that Iraq's government keeps conditions favourable for American business interests.

Where are these reports of soldiers not being allowed to fire on mosques coming from? Staff-Sergeant James Massey, a Marine, gave an interview where he said his squad alone (ten or so guys) had killed over thirty civilians in six weeks. He doesn't consider himself a war criminal, and nor does the American military. My point? The U.S military has extremely broad rules of engagement, as such I find it highly unlikely that U.S soldiers are not firing at mosques if that is where the enemy are (or even if it's where they aren't...). In fact I recall an incident where a U.S soldier shot dead a wounded, unarmed insurgent in a mosque. That was even on t.v ;) (because it was filmed, not because it's a rare occurence). Not to mention the fact that as an occupying power the U.S has a responsibility to safe guard civilian lives in Iraq. Whoops, I forgot, the Geneva conventions are irrelevant to Rumsfeld's military.

You know what Cap'n, I've changed my mind. You're right. In fact America should just drop a shitload of munitions loaded with nerve gas on Iraq, and wipe out the whole population. That would sort out those dirty sand-niggers... Afterall, they aren't human or anything. And it wouldn't damage the precious oil reserves. Win win.