View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 02:21 AM   #33
mondrian

Quote:
OnTheRazorsEdge wrote View Post
A God that has his hand in my life somehow is the only way I could rationalize why that guy's demise touched me so deeply and caused my "spiritual awakening." Peace
I'll repeat part of my previous post:

god didn't create man or anything else for that matter. Man created god:

1. To explain how the Universe came into being.

2. To control and exploit the masses.

3. To help man cope with his own mortality.

It looks like you fell into the god trap because of 3).

Big Bang, as far as I understand it, wasn't a 'happy accident' as you call it. It was as close to a mathematical certainty as you can get without it being so. For all intents and purposes, it was inevitable. The only unknown was when the universe came into being. The exact form that the Universe took, when it came into being, was down to the initial conditions, which, as far as I understand it, were purely random.

As far as 'life' in the universe is concerned, was that a happy accident or inevitable? The jury is still out on that one.

As far as 'Man' in the universe is concerned, was that a happy accident or inevitable? The jury is still out on that one too.

Of all the creatures that roam this Earth, as far as we are aware, Man is the only one that seeks understanding and reason. Man is the only creature that asks why we are here and what our purpose is. That's Man all over. Full of his own self importance. Not knowing the answers, what does Man do? Invent some sky wizard god shit and some fairy tale book to go with him and then associate ourselves with him and talk bollocks about knowing him and having him in our hearts. Again, typical of Man. Just sit back and watch what people do when a celebrity shows up. They all want to be associated with them. They all want to talk to them. They all want a picture taken with them. Why? Well, maybe there isn't a purpose and maybe we are here just because. Maybe when we die, we just die. End of. What's so special about you and me that we should exist forever? Before we were born, we didn't exist. Maybe when we die, we simply cease to exist also. Fcuck me, we won't have a conscious to know anyway - just like we didn't before we were born.

In any case, we live on a complex planet in a vast universe. Isn't that enough? If it isn't, then what the fcuck is?

The middle man of last resort.
mondrian is offline   Reply With Quote