View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #212
Egor

Quote:
lostsheep wrote View Post
So then it would be much better for us if we never heard of your god:
Correct.

Quote:
so why are you damning us to hell by preaching at us? What a horrible thing to do! My god would so judge you for knowingly condemning others to hell, and you would so go to hell for that.
You knew about God and Christ before I came along. I’m here to save you. Your life isn’t over yet. I know that because you’re still typing to me—but I’ll bet you’d like a peer reviewed paper on that.

Quote:
I think I get some of it: It's all about giving glory to god forever and ever, and to hell with human beings who don't get this or who don't believe this or who don't want to spend an eternity praising an entity that wants to be praised for all eternity.
That’s not the way it works. When you die, assuming you are one with Christ, you will go on to the next phase of existence where you will have god-like powers of control. Without being in Christ you wouldn’t be able to handle it.

From there, you will progress to another phase of existence where you disappear completely from that which you create, because that is the only way to love that which you have created. This disappearance will draw you even closer to a union with God.

After that phase of existence, I have no idea what happens, but eventually all that you have become is added to God, and he is magnified in his own sight. He is glorified to Himself and you share in that glory as one with God. It’s what Jesus meant when he said he was going to be seated at the right hand of glory.

Alas, water off a duck’s back.

Quote:
I have to wonder why, if all your god wants is eternal praise, it bothered making human beings who would not give it the praise that it craves. It's almost like your god created people so it could send them to hell. Being omniscient and all, you'd think it would have known this would happen.
Human beings, space aliens, whatever. He creates free will beings—and a lot of them—in hopes that some of them will use their free will to give up their free will. He can’t force that issue and still have what he wants. It’s a rock he can’t lift, so to speak.

Quote:
Yup, it's quite clear that your god doesn't give a shit about good works or the evil done by human beings to other human beings, or all of the horrible things that happen to people and animals in general. According to you, all he cares about is that we worship him to the exclusion of everything else, no matter what, and eternally.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but God is the God of the insect kingdom as well. Have you seen how they treat each other?

You’re all pissed off at God because he isn’t making your existence here—which is a very important basic training—more pleasurable. You think you should be treated the way my wife and I treat our dogs (We have no kids, so you can imagine the royal treatment they receive.), even though that would completely fuck you over (This is Raving Atheist, so I’ll take a little bit of liberty in my diction.).

You are completely spoiled. People in the Depression years used to say grace over a damn potato for dinner, and you have the nerve to reject God and Christ.

And what gets me is you don’t think you deserve hell for that. God won’t text you and beg you to acknowledge him so you’re going to flip him off and live your life as you please—a life you had no choice in and have no control over.

You atheists amaze me.

Quote:
Btw by human moral standards your god is quite evil.
I’m sure God is shaking in His boots at that accusation.

Quote:
I say rape and murder are evil, you say they are good if god says so. Clearly, we do not communicate on the same plane, so further correspondence with you is pointless.
Good, then shut up.

Quote:
Why are you here again? Hoping to spread your insane view of the world?
I’ve got a better question, why are you talking with me?
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote