View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 09:27 AM   #4
baconeatingatheistjew

He is delusional. But this a common trait amongst those who don't accept evolution. I really went after him for the following post:

The argument from evil - refuted
One of the most convincing arguments for atheism is the “argument from evil”. As I understand it, what this argument says is that the Bible contradicts reality. The Bible says that God is just; however in reality innocent children sometimes suffer which is unjust. Therefore the Bible is bogus.

It’s obvious that this argument is not too good since for thousands of years people believed in the Bible and this never bothered them. However I will answer it anyway.

The Bible does say that God is just. It also says that He angry, jealous and vengeful. It says that He punishes children because of the parents’ sins and He collectively punishes communities because the majority was sinful.

Some may object that they don’t like this, and I will respond “Tough; this is how the game is played. Get used to it.”

From this perspective, the Holocaust is one of the greatest proofs of God’s existence. There was no natural cause for the Holocaust. The Jews were disliked to some extent, however they were not anti-German and they bothered no one. There was no reason for Germans to kill Jews. Imagine America being partially devastated by an Islamic nuclear terrorist attack and responding by killing all homosexuals in the United States. This is absurd, yet that is basically analogous to what Germany did. However it all makes sense when one considers God’s contract with the Jews – to kill Jews if they abandon Judaism, something which happened in an unprecedented scale in Europe from 1840 to 1940.
My reply: God is probably very pissed right now too. 25% of Jews in Israel are Atheist now. Assimilation is at a high in the West as well.
According to your theory. God is getting ready to try to wipe us out again. And God can't seem to differentiate between Jews who believe and those who don't. He murdered a lot of very religious Jews in Europe in the 40's.
I guess Hitler was just doing God's work.