View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 01:20 AM   #5607
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

[quote=Hobotronic2037;694027]If EVERYTHING is possible why would the plan of a god stand in your way. Words mean things. EVERYTHING means you can overrule god.

Yeah from what I hear a lot of those drugs are nasty. I’ve also heard that a lot of bipolar people love the feeling of a manic episode, and use the excuse of drug intolerance to stop taking their meds to ride the high. It’s a pretty brutal illness I hear. I hope he gets better.

But why do you need to believe in a god to help people or to have a purpose? Mutually beneficial transactions and acts of kindness happen by the billions every single day. No god necessary. Purpose and fulfillment don’t need a god, just human beings being true to their natures.

Ok. Two two things. Why do Christians need to be told and threatened with supernatural consequences and creepy imaginary angels and shit to show hospitality to strangers? Why wouldn’t they just be nice on their own?

Two. I thought Christians hold that their belief in and surrender to god’s sacrifice in Jesus Christ is essential to getting to heaven. How would an atheist get to heaven, a place that does not exist?? That makes zero sense. You get a F for that one. How can an atheist go to heaven if they don’t believe in jesus or god. Is “good works” your doctrine du jour?[/QUOT

This is a well thought out post and I will think about the best way to respond as soon as I can.

You are spot on with the fact that manic people do indeed enjoy the initial phase of mania; they sleep little, accomplish much but the problem is they can spend excessive amounts of money and drain entire bank accounts while manic and end up broke during a manic spell. Also, they can be sexually promiscuous in big ways and my friend has been through both of these mentioned issues. He is now divorced as when the depression sets in it is horrible for those with bipolar disease.

Thank you for noting you hope he gets better. I do too and also hope that soon better drugs are available with less side effects.

Regards,

JJ
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote