View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 06:18 AM   #77
Smellyoldgit
Stinkin' Mod

Whilst you Merkins have had to use the courts in ludicrous battles with cretinists creationists, us cross-ponders have to date steered reasonably well clear of such horseshit finding its way into our education system. However, our slack-jawed education minister has now given the go-ahead for three 'free schools', which will be run by private organisations with creationist views, using tax payer’s money.

One of them, Grindon Hall Christian school in Sunderland has this steaming heap of shite as its policy on how it will deal with creationism –
Quote:
The school’s guiding cunts wrote

Creation

We will affirm the fact that “God created the world and everything in it”. We will affirm that he did so “ex nihilo” – out of nothing.

We believe that God, as sovereign Lord of the universe, is capable of creating the world in a few 24-hour days, or over a period of millions of years.

We do not share the rigid creationist’s insistence on a literalistic interpretation of the first chapters of Genesis. We believe it is honouring to, and consistent with a belief in, the inerrant Word of God to accept that the opening chapters of Genesis, as do many other places in Scripture, contain much that appears to be poetic. Thus, to insist on a literalistic interpretation of the passage(s) in question – which most Christians certainly do not feel obliged to do in regard to other instances of poetry and apocalyptic writings in the Bible - might in fact be very mistaken.
We are therefore very happy to believe that God could have created the world in six days. But we do not feel that it is helpful to affirm it as an unarguable fact.

We do not believe that the very plain evidence supporting a lengthy process of evolution needs to be challenged by Christians.
However, we vigorously challenge the unscientific certainty often claimed by scientists surrounding the so-called “Big Bang” and origins generally.

We believe that no scientific theory provides – or ever will provide – a satisfactory explanation of origins, i.e. why the world appeared, and how nothing became something in the first place.

We will teach evolution as an established scientific principle, as far as it goes.

We will teach creation as a scientific theory and we will always affirm very clearly our position as Christians, i.e. that Christians believe that God’s creation of the world is not just a theory but a fact with eternal consequences for our planet and for every person who has ever lived on it.

We will affirm that to believe in God’s creation of the world is an entirely respectable position scientifically and rationally.
I can confidently predict that either some vile shit will soon be hitting a few fans, or we are about to let a few wankish schools start churning out a new generation of deluded kids at my expense!

Stop the Holy See men!
Smellyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote