View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 07:58 PM   #3118
JerryJohn
Obsessed Member

Andrew addressed the issue regarding the ACTUAL sacrifice. I thought it was sufficient for you. I can add a more literal interpretation which is that blood was required for atonement of sin. In the Old Testament it was via animal sacrifice while in the New Testament it is was the blood of Jesus . By his cross, and resurrection he has set us free from the need for animal sacrifices. he gave his life so that blood sacrifices are no longer required for sin. Jesus is the perfect sacrifice given his bloody crucifixion. He lived (most Christians believe) a sinless life. Yes quite a reach for non-Christians I know.

The main bullshit promise was forgiveness of sins and life everlasting. My personal Christian view is this helps with the issue of suffering and evil all around us. This is the main reason atheists have expressed to me for not believing in God. The people I have met note a loving God would NOT allow suffering of all kinds in this world. My belief is these people may well be in heaven where there will be no more tears or suffering. Just for the plain hell of it, here is what is often quoted by Christians:

NIV version:
Revelation 21:

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

I don't know what threats you are referring to. If you mean God sending people to Hell, well that is a choice a person makes (with free will) given the way they led their life with mental, physical, and spiritual status taken into account.

I do not believe all atheists are all in Hell. I do believe there is a Hell for the Bible is clear that one exists. You reject the Bible so this is really a pointless statement for you I know.

If any one tells you that you are going to Hell because you are not a Christian tell them to fuck off. You can quote the judge not lest ye be judged verse for fun (speaking their language;Bible-ese) or Fuck Off in whatever way you care to do so. Of course I am sure you know that this and respond as you care to respond.

There are some theists out there who proclaim Hell does not really exist and also that there could be/is a Hell and yet no one will be in it.

Hope that addresses your issues. That's the best answer I can give you from a Christian point of view and my personal beliefs as a Christian.

JJ

Last edited by JerryJohn; 02-05-2018 at 08:13 PM.
JerryJohn is offline   Reply With Quote