View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 09:15 AM   #141
The Judge
Obsessed Member

The last few posts by Andrew have shown two glaring things:

1.) He has the most basic and uninformed grasp of religion and ethnicity and is equating the two which is why he’s a Trumper.

2.) He appears to be trying really hard to sound clever by attempting to shit-stir by conflating “leftism” in general (which has had its own internal problems that I think ghoulslime was alluding to a few posts back) and a perceived conflict within atheism vis-*-vis Trump.

You can just see him now feeling so smug thinking that he’s hit upon some heretofore unknown source of controversy or hypocrisy in the atheist community by imagining that we must all concede that we support Trump just because he’s anti-muslim.

This is symptomatic of his gross oversimplification of pretty much every single fucking issue he’s raised or commented on. In his world, it seems that things are simply dichotomous with no grey in between: Left / Right…Good / Bad…Republican / Democrat. ALL of these are forced dichotomies that reflect little of the real world except for the extremes. In reality, things are a lot more complex and nuanced than that (I think this is the 4th or 5th time I’ve had to point this out to you now, Andy…I can only hope you’ll get the message soon).

What he just does not get is that it is possible to be anti-muslim AND anti-Trump for many different reasons but in his little mind he has made the logical fallacy that if you are anti-jislam then you simply have to be pro-Trump because he cannot conceive of there being any other way.

I almost did not even bother to dignify this naivete and simplistic attempt at sounding intelligent, but we have so few theists I felt compelled to say something. Beggars can’t be choosers.

It’d be more intellectually satisfying if you could try and up your game a bit Andy because you have just ended up looking like a try-hard ignoramus.

Invisibility and nothingness look an awful lot alike.

Last edited by The Judge; 01-19-2018 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Typo / formatting
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote