View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 08:15 AM   #226
Kinich Ahau
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Francis wrote View Post
Whose position, yours or mine, is weak, is a matter of dispute. Which side is the one with bad manners is not only in dispute, but is obvious to anyone who reads one page of any thread.

For your further reference, I have debated many times with fundamentalist Christians about their fallacious view of history. With reference to humility, I believe it gives me strength, because I have not been too self centered or proud to adjust my position when faced with a compelling fact or argument.

Too many religious people believe what they do for emotional reasons. Most prominent among these reasons is that they see their faith as grounds to feel superior to their fellow beings. I see that on this forum running amok.
In history, such superiority thinking has been a blight on the world, and has been at the root of atrocity after atrocity. Speaking out against it is more important than worrying about imaginary hurt feelings.
I'm not talking about having debates with your brethren, I'm asking would you walk into a gathering of another religious group and preach to them.

Once you are dead, you are nothing. Graffito, Pompeii
Kinich Ahau is offline   Reply With Quote