View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 05:34 AM   #274
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
orangeitis wrote View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that he's not insulting anyone much over there because no one's insulting him to begin with. Though I don't know which side started it in the beginning here.

I'm trying not to take sides here, despite me strongly disagreeing with Egor's views. This whole situation just seems like a pointless back & forth flamefest.
The forum is called Raving Atheists for a reason.

Egor long ago squandered any goodwill currency he might have had here by choosing to become increasingly evasive and dishonest about the wares he is peddling. As a result, all he is really heir to now is mocking.

That has always been the culture here. Egor is only the latest in a string of belligerent theists who have courted this kind of treatment and been similarly obliged on this forum.

It's laughable that he somehow thinks he's a special case when he is, in actuality, depressingly status quo.

The fact is, there is nothing really to be gained when faith engages reason, and vice versa. These unfettered exchanges continually bear that out, and often in short order.

Once a preacher makes it clear that he has no intention of supporting his assertions with facts and evidence, but is compelled to resort to lies and slander as a defense, the options for civil discourse become increasingly constrained.

For many, that's not a comfortable space to have to occupy, hence why many other forums employ strict rules of engagement to keep the rancor to a minimum. For good or ill, we're not required to suffer fools here.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Last edited by Irreligious; 03-08-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote