View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 10:03 AM   #1
Rhinoqulous
The Original Rhinoqurilla

As I've stated in other posts, I work near the Women’s Clinic in my town. There are usually protestors out there harassing people in various ways, which I've grown used to. Today, however, the local Catholic school bused in a class of middle scholars (around 30 kids, I'd say around the age of 12). These kids are standing in front of the clinic screaming at every person that walks by, as well as harassing people going into or out of the clinic. I even saw one group of kids yelling at two men walking down the street to "get out of the street with your boyfriend". The nuns that were in charge just stood there, like nothing the children were doing were wrong.

Now here's my question. Is it right for these kids to protest? At their age, they don't have the ability to examine complex issues such as abortion. It seems reprehensible to "force" children to stand in front of abortion clinics to protest issues they don't fully understand.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? (children protesting, not protesting abortion itself)

Wait just a minute-You expect me to believe-That all this misbehaving-Grew from one enchanted tree? And helpless to fight it-We should all be satisfied-With this magical explanation-For why the living die-And why it's hard to be a decent human being - David Bazan
Rhinoqulous is offline   Reply With Quote