View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 07:09 PM   #33
Tenspace
I Live Here

Quote:
Choobus wrote
Quote:
Rhinoqulous wrote
I posted this elsewhere, but it should have it's own thread, so here it is again...

As our Mods are MIA, we need a new mod (at least temporarily) to keep the spammers and trolls at bay. I nominate Tenspace for the position. If anyone has a problem with this (like you, Ten, if you don't want to do it), speak up, otherwise I'll email the RA this afternoon asking him to set it up.

Rhinoq
Well, I must ask tenspace a couple of questions: what your position on anal sex? Do you do anal? Is it ok to post comments that pertain to anal sex in some way?

And none of this supreme court posturing, we need to know this important information.
1. I don't like anal. Hey, a nice finger up the butt during a blowjob, sure, but my ass remains Exit Only. ==
2. I have no problems discussing the gamut of sexual enticements, but in their place.

Here is a typical example from "Atheist vs Theist":

Theist: "Hi, I'm a theist and I want to talk about Jesus."
Choobus: "Do you like anal? Is the Tongue of Jesus rimmed in brown?"
Theist: "All you atheists are alike. Crude and vulgar."
Choobus: "Fuck you, you insufferable cunt."

Now, I know Choob is smart; he's reflected that many times. I'd rather see:

Theist: "Hi, I'm a theist and I want to talk about Jesus."
Choobus: "I may or may not believe he really existed, but he certainly didn't perform miracles. And Virgin Birth? Give me a break! I'll betcha Mary lied after getting knocked up by the stable boy."
Theist: "But Jesus died for you!"
Choobus: "Fuck you, you insufferable cunt."

See the difference? in the second example, Choobus presented a hypothesis: that Immaculate Conception is really a coverup for infidelity. Since the theist didn't respond with healthy debate, I'd have no problem with Choob telling him to fuck off.

Here's my position (it would take a physical reorganization of the boards): Save the vulgarity for threads designated "Adult". Avoid vulgarity in the regular threads. Only use it when it becomes necessary to either prove a point or for shock factor. We're so profane, everywhere on the boards, that punch of a good cussing rant is lost.

"Science and Mother Nature are in a marriage where Science is always surprised to come home and find Mother Nature blowing the neighbor." - Justin's Dad
Tenspace is offline   Reply With Quote