View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #26
Demigod79

Quote:
Pahu wrote View Post
I believe what the facts suggest.
Seeing as how 95% - 99% of all scientists believe in the theory of evolution, I would say the facts strongly suggest evolution. Of course there will always be a handful of scientists who go against the grain (this is expected and is actually welcomed in science) but that in no way destroys the credibility of the theory.

I can understand why you think poking holes in evolution will destroy the entire theory, since the bible must be 100% correct in order for it to be the Word of God. Unlike the bible, a scientific theory can be accepted even if it is not 100% correct (in fact, it's this way with every single theory!).

BTW, did you know that one out of every four Evangelical Christian in the US believes evolution to be the best explanation for the origin of life? (source)

Quote:
Eva wrote View Post
as a pure blooded puertorrican, i place my bets on TaÃ*no god Yokahú. He made hurricanes, so he MUST be real.
My bet is on Zeus. I think it's 87.83% probably that he struck the primordial soup with a lightning bolt to create the first life. This can be proven by the fact that he is the most powerful of the gods and that he always sends down his bolts with a Purpose. Urey and Miller were really doing homage to Zeus when they did their famous experiment.

Religion - it gives people hope in a world torn apart by religion.
Demigod79 is offline   Reply With Quote