View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #280
RenaissanceMan

Quote:
Lily wrote
Quote:
Rat Bastard wrote
The point is, I like to watch Sternwallow dice it up and go through it point by point, and finally pin the poor theist down to the point where they can't squirm anymore. They either leave, or complain they can't reason with him.
He has you conned with his lengthy messages and his misquotations from scripture. He doesn't dice, slice or go through anything point by point. He makes one irrelevant comment after another based on a reading of an ancient document that would earn him an F in any college literature course. We just get tired of trying to teach him what he either will not or cannot learn and we bail.

What I am positing is that he really can't understand what he is reading. So now I am feeling guilty for cutting him off a few months back. Well, not exactly that. I would have had to stop trying to get through to him no matter what. But I would have been a great deal more gracious about it, if I had understood that literature just isn't his cup of tea and that there wasn't any way he could get what I and the others have been trying to convey.
That is an absolute load of shit.

What you're saying is (If true) is that the creator of the universe, the knower of all, has encoded his all important message in a format that ONLY the precious few that devote their lives to it's study can decode. And even then, HE, the almighty master of the universe has denied those precious few the proof they would need to make their message heard by the smartest and brightest of all the other disciplines.

That's bullshit. I could do better. And I'm just some unedumacated yoo hoo with a truck.