View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 06:34 AM   #372
anthonyjfuchs
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Lily wrote
You are starting to pounce without thinking.
It might be a nice change of pace if responding to anything you said required even the smallest measure of thinking.

Alas, I could mash my face against the keyboard and still fashion a response that would debunk your trite nonsense.

Quote:
Lily wrote
-- you may come away with a better idea of what I believe.
Blech. What pretentious nonsense.

What you believe is not nearly as cryptic or difficult to parse as you want to believe it is. You believe a set of unsubstantiated myths that you insist have been substantiated. You believe that a character, who was simultaneously his own father and son, was born to a virgin mother 33 years before he allowed mankind to murder him as a sacrifice to himself in order to redeem the collective transgressions of mankind and protect mankind from his own wrath, which mankind incurred when a dust-man and a rib-woman were tricked into eating a poisoned apple by a talking snake. You believe that the ancient writings of half-a-dozen anonymous authors are sufficient evidence to support these absurd assertions. You believe that making a claim makes that claim true. You believe that 2+2=22, and that anyone who disagrees with you is incapable of understanding the meaning of written words. You believe that you are right, and we are wrong.

That's fine. You are free to believe whatever random nonsense you find appealing. It is perfectly within your rights to be dangerously incorrect, and you are entitled to embarass yourself all you want by trotting out your ignorance in public.

By the way: everything written in this post was divinely inspired by the word of Zeus.

atheist (n): one who remains unconvinced.
anthonyjfuchs is offline   Reply With Quote