View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 01:19 PM   #94
ghoulslime
I Live Here

Quote:
ahoba wrote View Post
ghoulslime, this is forth time I tell you that I am a serious and I am asking to get the logical answer not to have a fun or to push agenda!

You said that 'Birds / dinosaurs which protected their eggs and babies, had a better chance of producing offspring that lived to reproduce ....
Chickens that did take care of their eggs
'
You do only clear up my queston!
Just add why and how before your saying.

Understood!

Again ....

Hen sits on eggs.
Why?
Simply answer 'because she would like to protect them and so on ....'
WOW!! She expects what will happen in the future! She knows that eggs will hatch ang get chicks!!
OR
She does not know what will happen but she would like only to protect the eggs regardless they will hatch or not!!!

It is clear what excatly I need from my question and do you think that all of you answered my question?!
Very well, ahoba! I will pretend, a while longer, as though you are an honest person with no ulterior agenda. The choice that you present between either one possibility or another possibility, as though they are the only two choices, is called a "false dichotomy". Some hens know that eggs will hatch and there will be chicks; and some hens appear to protect the eggs without any knowledge of what they may become; and some hens engage in both behaviors to varying degrees. These are not necessarily mutually-exclusive behavior patterns.

One of our forum wise people, a learned sage of great lore, a mysterious oracle, one who can summon knowledge with but a single push of the wondrous Google button, has answered this already. He is known by many names, but some people call him Dogpet.

The act of hatching eggs by hens appears to be a combination of instincts as well as learned behavior.

Now...what... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

The Leprechauns do not forbid the drawing of Their images, as long as we color within the lines. ~ Ghoulslime H Christ, Prophet, Seer, Revelator, and Masturbator
ghoulslime is offline   Reply With Quote