View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 06:46 AM   #3183
Ex Atheist

Quote:
Tyler wrote View Post
When I was 16, a good friend of mine died in a car accident with 3 other teenage boys. My friend Anthony had a seperate funeral due to his family being roman catholic, and the preacher man had to state repeatedly that the 3 other deceased boys weren't going to heaven because they weren't catholic, and that we should all be thankful that at least Anthony was. That was the most evil that I have ever been in the presence of, and it makes me very, very happy that Im not a part of it.
That is a real shame what happened to your friends. The RCC Priest was in grave error in asserting you have to be Catholic to be saved from your sins and make it to heaven -- especially coming from a psuedo-christian religion as Roman Catholicism which undermines major biblical doctrine on many counts . The only source that gets a person to Heaven is Jesus alone because it took his shed blood alone to pay for our sins -- all we can do is apply that sacrifice to our sin account by simply believing that his death was totally sufficent. Its not a bunch of religiousity but rather. ... the start of a growing personal relationship with him. Catholicsm is all about doing religion via manmade rituals, attendence in sacramental dispensations , earning your way to heaven, and doing Mass. Its none of those thing....only Jesus and his shed blood. Do you want to be saved from your many accumulated sins ? Then trust in the shed blood of Jesus and nothing else . And , understand that there are toxic churches out there but it doesnt nullify what Jesus did .
Ex Atheist is offline   Reply With Quote