View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #8
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Egor wrote View Post
Spoonfeed? What are you going to teach me?
You'd have to be educable for us to teach you anything, but you don't appear to be. You've made it clear that you are irrevocably wedded to your unfounded superstitions and anybody else who isn't is a monster, according to you.

Like 99 percent of the theists who come here, what you really want is to vent your hatred at us. And so you are.

We offend you because we will not sucumb to your delusions. But that's your problem, not ours.

Quote:
Egor wrote
Atheism is by definition ignorance--willful ignorance, at that.
Atheism is the lack of belief in a God or gods, because there is nothing that can be known about such an unfounded and ill-defined allegation. You're a liar if you claim otherwise.

Quote:
Egor wrote
I look at the universe and I wonder how it got here. You look at the universe and you don't wonder at all. It simply is.
You look at the universe and wonder how it got here and then make up something to suit what you are comfortable believing. We look at the universe and also wonder how it got here and acknowledge that we don't know. Those among us who are scientifically literate use that knowledge to conduct genuine inquiry instead of indulging baseless speculation.

Quote:
Egor wrote
I reach out for God; you try to become more and more like an animal.
You are a human animal just like the rest of us, regardless of your claim to reach out to an alleged, unknowable and ill-defined super entity. Doing what you do does not make you anything special amongst the rest of the species.

Quote:
Egor wrote
That's wh atheists talk about sex and make sexual references to everything and talk about piss and shit (I'm still trying to figure out what a "piss flap" is.).
Are you ashamed of being sexual and having to take the occasional piss and shit?

Quote:
Egor wrote
You revel in the basal instincts of the human animal.
And you seem to be fearful of or disgusted by that part of your nature. Why?

Quote:
Egor wrote
In reaching out for God, I am striving to become the greatest possible living thing--a human being.
You don't have to strive to be human when you have no other choice. That's what you are and will be until you are no more. You cannot be a cat or a bear or an alleged god/man, no matter how much you might want to be.

Quote:
Egor wrote
For some reason, atheists hate the idea of a human being.
I think it's you who wants to be something greater than human. After all, you've already admitted that human is not enough for you. You want to become the greatest living thing which, apparently, means something better than the rest of us human beings.

Quote:
Egor wrote
They want humans to be no different than bacteria. Everything is evolution, everything is formed via chaotic chance. You think we eat and drink and mate and then we die--just like insects.
You don't want to die, do you? That's understandable. Nobody really wants to. But that is our fate, regardless, just like it is for bacteria, insects and other animals. We're born, we reproduce (if we're allowed to) and we die. It's what all living things do.

Quote:
Egor wrote
You even think your consciousness is a byproduct of biochemical processes in the synapses of your brain.
Because it is.

Quote:
Egor wrote
And you're going to spoonfeed me what?
You said you came to us for assistance in your alleged research; we didn't seek you out. If we offend you, you're free to leave.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Last edited by Irreligious; 11-09-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote