View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 12:00 AM   #2864
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
JerryJohn wrote View Post
Excellent point, Andrew. Let us post a review of that "scene"

"And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves."

Now, I will state that I have seen some Catholic cathedrals that look just like this. They sell "holy" cards, rosaries, candles you can light for the dead etc. I do believe that changes a house of prayer to a den of thieves. That said my secretary is Catholic AND very Christian, charitable and believes Christ died for sins and everlasting life. She's got the basics.

What the raving whiners, moan and bitchers about Christianity don't seem to "get" when they talk about the Church "taking/stealing" money from you in exchanges for grace is is a wrong headed thought.

It does take financial resources to "run a church." I own a small business Andrew, in case you didn't know. Electricity, paying off the Church building, parking lot maintenance, grounds maintenance, the salary of the Pastor, office staff, (and some churches provide housing as well for their Pastors and they receive a relatively small salary." need to be paid.

That said there are prosperity gospel teachers that do indeed preach the prosperity gospel which leads some atheists to believe it's just a money making scheme. Some are and some are not.

You might think the atheist dumbshits would know this but they don't seem to have a business sense about them.

JJ
Amen brother!
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote