Thread: Just Curious
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #13
Egor

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
I say we give Jerry, um, Eyegor, exactly 10 chances to either answer our questions or get banned. .
First off, I thought I was being accused of being Gordon, now it's Jerry? Maybe intelligent theists all tend to sound alike. Second, I am not going to answer questions that are put to me in the form of hostile attacks. Ban me whenever you want. It's your forum, and I'm sure I do upset the applecart a great deal.

Quote:
ghoulslime wrote View Post
So, Egor, tell us about this religion of yours, and why you think it makes you noble.

What is your religion?
I don't have a name for my religion, but I can describe it. I am a monist. That means I believe that everything is God and nothing is not God. All that fundamentally exists is God. Everything was created by God and from God and therefore is of the substance of God. I agree in large part with Spinoza and his concepts of monism, attributes and modalities.

I believe human beings (and any other life forms like us in the universe, if there are any) are created to become God conscious of Himself from within His Creation. In other words, that's the point of our evolution. One of the attributes of God is consciousness and the human being is meant to be an expression of that attribute.

Where there is a lack of God-consciousness there is duality. A rock seems separate from God because a rock has no consciousness of God. Much like in a dream. Everything in a dream is really the mind of the dreamer, but because there is a lack of self-awareness in a dream, everything seems to be separate and individual.

From this understanding of God, love makes sense, as does honor, courage and dignity.