View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #129
Irreligious
I Live Here

Quote:
Stargazer wrote View Post
They don't always use straightforward tactics either, since being able to trumpet a "win" regardless of how it was obtained, would no doubt be seen as a coup d'etat by other theists.
With all due respect, they don't ever use straightforward tactics. A straightforward tactic would be for them to acknowledge right off the bat that they are promoting faith in claims that they don't know to be true, but they, none the less, believe with every fiber of their being will be revealed someday.

If they truly valued honesty, as it pertains to promoting their religions, they would say, in clear language, what they believe a god is. In all the time that I've been posting here, I can recall only one theist poster acknowledge that he was worshipping an ostensible person, a man, an invisible and magical man with unlimited powers of manipulation who created human beings in his physical image and who, as a result, favors humans over all other living beings in existence.

I don't recall the name of this particular theist poster, as his tenure here was very short-lived, but he is the only one I can recall who was willing to be open about what he worshipped. Of course, he would indulge no further questions about the attributes of the invisible, magical man he worshipped, such as whether or not he possessed a penis and testicles or if he was decidedly Caucasian in appearance even though, being invisible, this magical man cannot be seen by the human eye.

Otherwise, the vast majority of theists who post here don't really want us to question their beliefs. They're here to scold and to preach.

"So many gods, so many creeds! So many paths that wind and wind, when just the art of being kind is all this sad world needs."
--Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Irreligious is offline   Reply With Quote