Thread: Just Curious
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #25
Egor

Quote:
Sternwallow wrote View Post
Can you explain how this object you seem to be calling god and we are comfortable simply calling the universe, managed to self-create...
First off, God is not an object. An object would have to be like a subset of a larger set. There is no larger set. There is only God. It's the only thing that exists. It wasn't created; it simply always has been, in one singular eternal moment.

Who created God is one of the biggest problems atheists have with the existence of God. But they don't realize that their question is nonsensical when they're talking about God, with a capital "G". To use the ontological argument, existence is an attribute of God.

Now you may not be able to picture that in your head; I only catch glimpses of it myself. But think about it this way: If anything exists outside of time, such as a mind existing before the Big Bang, it isn't affected by time. That means it cannot have a beginning. That means it simply is--eternally. It simply exists in an eternal present moment.

And that's not so hard to conceive of. Isn't it the way it is for us, too, even in the physical world? Isn't it true that the past is gone forever and the future has never happened? Don't we, as a mind, live in an eternal present moment?

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
You are adorable! Basing your entire worldview on Philosophy 101, and thinking it's so profound! Absolutely adorable, I tell you!

So, what's wrong with that? And it's only profound because so many people don't get it, but it's really simple. What's insane is to build an entire belief system, such as atheism, around concepts of God that only a moron would believe. You think you're so smart, wearing geek-chic glasses, and proudly proclaiming there's no such thing as an old man with a white beard in a place called heaven with golden streets. Your like an intellectual rube shouting out with all the arrogance you can muster that 2 + 2 DOES NOT! = 5.

As for my worldview, it's a lot simpler than Philosophy 101.