View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 04:50 AM   #23
hertz vanrental
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Shizacop wrote View Post
The best way to confront and begin reformation of a Christian, is to point out - that their belief is based on "faith" - rational argumentation for Christianity is so weak that it can virtually be dismissed.

I think it even says that in the Bible? That is belief is by faith and not evidence? I'll have to look that up.

If there is a quote like that - it would be hard for a Christard to combat.
I once helped to run a 'Skeptics in the Pub' group. We once had quite a protracted discussion about christardology. Out of that came a statement by one of the members who had either done some research or involved reading into the subject. He stated that it's not enough to LOGICALLYprove that the christard belief system is horse shit. One needs to go much further than that before a christard will abandon their belief in christardology. Their social network of like-minded christards must also be dismantled. In fact, any and every aspect of their life, which involves their christardology, must also be dismantled. It is only then that they are willing to abandon their faith. It appears that chistardology isn't just a belief system. It's much more than that. It's a belief system with a fully-integrated social network system. The two are so tightly bound together that they are almost one and the same. Yes, a christard could abandon their belief, but then what of their social circle? From whence would come another? Their current circle would most likely turn on and abandon the former believer and what then? The former believer's spouse is likely to still be, and remain, a believer. Now what?

The above, I think, explains why it is that even though people like us are able to logically show christards the error of their ways, they continue to believe. Well, that and the fact that christards are as thick as pig shit.

Do I sound like a fuckin' people person?
hertz vanrental is offline   Reply With Quote