View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 01:59 PM   #3077
Andrew66
Obsessed Member

Quote:
Simon Moon wrote View Post
You've been here for quite a few years, and yet you still haven't seemed to get the concept that many atheists (probably the majority) do not claim, with 100% certainty, that a god does not exist.

For most atheists, their atheism is a provisional position, not a dogmatic one.

My atheism will last exactly as long as, the case theists present for the existence of their god, does not meet its burden of proof.

Here's a question for you, since you are glad that Hertz sees the possibility that your god may exist. Do see the possibility that other gods may exist, besides the one you believe exists?
Sure

I agree

What's the problem?

Why I think its interesting and important that "most Atheists" admit that there may possibly be a God, is that this tiny mustard seed of open ness to the possibility comprises a bare minimal shred of belief.

Belief being a relative scale of course. No belief, incredibly weak belief, weak belief, moderate believe, strong belief etc.

So when your faced with Jesus in the thrown room and its indicated that "belief" that he was God is a requirement so you don't burn in torment, then you can correctly state I had a very very very very weak belief.

Get it?

Its sort of a legal loop hole - if you take Christian doctrines seriously.
Andrew66 is offline   Reply With Quote