View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 06:18 AM   #63
Egor

Quote:
The Judge wrote View Post
Of course, this is bullshit. For one Hitch would never have said such an absurd thing. He'd have lost a lot of credibility if he had.
How the hell do you know? No...I want to know. How do you know the operation of "Hitch's" mind? No, you could have taken it as the absurd hyperbole it was, but you didn't. Instead, you spout something less rational than the most religious person would ever spout. And you chide me for jumping to huge leaps. But you presume to know what a dead person would or would not have done if they had been alive.

Quote:
Whether it did or didn't the growth of unaffiliated / non-spiritual / atheists / "Nones" has grown certainly in the UK and in the US in recent years. Did this play a part? Possibly but there are arguably many other factors at play to effect such a shift in tides.
Spirituality has grown. Church affiliation has declined. People will never change. The amount of theists and atheists is probably the same as it was in the 1500's. But there is more communication and freedom of expression now.

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Egor is offline   Reply With Quote