Thread: Groundhog's day
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #604
selliedjoup
Obsessed Member

Quote:
nkb wrote View Post
Do you understand the concept of circular reasoning (I'm not sure you do)? You're starting with the "unknowable" assumption, just because you think it makes your arguments easier. It doesn't, it's just a big, fat, hairy copout.
Seemingly you have issue with defining something as that which it is. Black is black as it's black for you may be circular. For most it's something which you accept and move on.

Quote:
Am I claiming that your imagined nebulous entity, for which you have presented absolutely nothing except retarded reasoning, is knowable? Do you understand how stupid that question is?
I understand how stupid you are which is why I asked it.

Quote:
And it takes a real deep guy like you to add a layer of superfluous complexity, and think it actually explains anything at all.
I'm not the smartest guy around, but, holy shit, compared to you, I look like a fucking genius.
You got it all wrong. Creationism is unknowable, so there can't be any evidence against it. You must be thinking of the knowable creationism.
All smoke and mirrors huh? What are you trying to imply now with your "creationism is unknowable" ruse, that the earth is only several thousand years old or that the universe was created?

Quote:
I have not discounted a first cause, I (and everyone else here) am disounting your presentation of an argument for a first cause. Do you understand the difference?
Of course. You seem to consider I place validity on what you discount and then somehow misapply it to what you think to be true.

On what grounds do you not discount a first cause? On the old chestnut of not knowing that a first cuase doesn't eixst?

In theory, do you understand the paradox of when something is unknowable but you still ask for evidence of it? This is something I think you struggle with. It's a very easy concept to understand.

Quote:
There may be a first cause, but maybe someone with half a brain should take over for you to try to sell it. Maybe, just maybe, that person will rise above a retarded "undefined thing is undefined" approach. Anything, and I mean anything, is better than that.
I'm not trying to sell anything to people without money.
selliedjoup is offline   Reply With Quote