View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #8
Catsratz

Okay, you twisted my arm. Thought you'd never ask. Although retirement pays stink and I miss working, I'm done with religious co-workers - aka "all of them." And females get stuck working with all (religious) women in their employments. Office women are so religious they say at the end of Summer, "Next thing you know, Christmas will be here." We had Christmas Carols on the radio for Christmas in July. And I sit in the middle of the entire hypocritical operation.

Early December, I know the party's coming up and put in for a Personal Day. The big boss comes out and says but I'll miss the Christmas party. I said I know. She keeps ferreting at me and I'm forced to mention the music and how I'm not religious. "Agnostic?" and I pop the answer: atheist. "Oh, no, that can't be good! Stop going to those wacky websites!"

I swear she said that. One reason I'm happy to be unemployed/retired although I've always loved working itself, both physical and clerical. Religion always sticks it to me somewhere. It'll still go straight up my nose with the Internet and the weekly flyer, but it's certainly better than that.

PS I'm joking. Of course, there are no jobs in this country any more anyway.
Catsratz is offline   Reply With Quote